Cylon #6 was inspired by the Battestar Galactica reboot. I was late to the party on this series, as I didn't begin watching the DVD's until this past December. I was immediately sucked into the series and I watched the entire run in a few months culminating in the recent series finale.
The basic lyrical idea for this song came to me after I had watched the first few episodes of season 1. I had held off on writing the rest of the song until I finished watching the entire series. Even though there are no spoilers in this song, I feel like watching the complete series had a subtle yet significant impact on how the song turned out.
I found the relationship between Baltar and Number Six to be so compelling that I knew it would make excellent material for a Sci-Fi Song. This song is sung from Baltar's point of view.
from Sci-Fi Songs
released October 29, 2011
1. Yamaha Acoustic Guitar in Standard tuning
2. Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar for the power chords and the first guitar solo
3. Gibson Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar in Open A tuning (EAEAC#E) for the slide guitar solo in the outro
4. Washburn Electric Bass Guitar
5. Pearl Bell Kit Xylophone
6. Rode NT-3 microphone for the vocals, acoustic guitar, and xylophone
7. Apple Logic Pro 8 recording software
1. Logic's included compressor, delay, and reverb plug-ins
2. The electric guitar parts were recorded through Logic's Guitar Amp Pro plug-in
3. The drum parts were created using Logic's Jam Pack drum loops