Leodora was inspired by the Shadowbridge/Lord Tophet duology by Gregory Frost. This song is sung from the point of view of Diverus, the main character's musical accompanist.
from Sci-Fi Songs
released October 29, 2011
1. Martin Acoustic Guitar in Standard Tuning with a Capo at the 4th Fret for the strummed parts and the backwards arpeggios in the first verse, in Drop D tuning with a capo at the 4th fret for the finger-picking part in the second verse.
2. G&L ASAT Telecaster-style Electric Guitar in Standard tuning with a capo at the 2nd fret.
3. Fender Stratocaster for the backwards guitar solo.
4. Gibson Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar in open A tuning (EAEAC#E) for the slide guitar solo.
5. Washburn Bass Guitar
6. Rode NT-3 microphone (to record the acoustic guitar and my vocals)
7. Apple Logic Pro 8 recording software
1. The EXS24 Sampler and EVB3 software instrument plug-ins for the piano, organ, and choir sounds.
2. Logic's included compressor, delay, and reverb plug-ins
3. The electric guitar parts were recorded through Logic's Guitar Amp Pro plug-in
4. The drum parts were created using Beta Monkey's Drum Werks V loop collection